Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I made jewellery!

Ok, after some people nagging me that there is nothings happening on my blog, here a blog post I have been meaning to write for ages.

A few years ago I lost a ring I really liked and ever since I've been moaning about how much I miss that ring. My housemate (who happens to be a self-taught goldsmith) decided this had to stop so he helped me to remake the lost ring. It doesn't look exactly the same as the original, but I really like it and I made it (well I did the bits that weren't too tricky...).

first metalwork project

first metalwork project

first metalwork project

We made it from a pre-made setting (but cut out the setting for one stone to make it 6 stones instead of 7) and a white gold band. I thought the zirkonia stones would be most expensive but they were 20p each, so I bought loads and picked the nicest ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment